The health benefits of oats are well known. Packed with antioxidants and a good source of fiber, you can’t go wrong with oats for breakfast, smoothies, or a snack. We’ve included three of our favorite CBD oats recipes for you to try at home.
RELATED: How CBD Can Benefit Athletes
Overnight CBD Oats
When you have a hectic week ahead of you, the last thing you need to worry about in the morning is how to make a healthy breakfast. Overnight oats are, as the name suggests, left to soak overnight, and can be eaten cold or gently heated on cooler mornings.
You may already have your favorite oatmeal topping. You can simply add it to the mixture in the morning. Chia seeds are a popular option for an added health boost.
Portion 1 serving
- 1/3 cup of rolled organic oats.
- 2/3 cup of milk. You can use oat, almond, or diary for this.
- 1/4 teaspoon or a small pinch of cinnamon.
- A sprinkle of seeds – chia seeds work well with oats.
- A pinch of salt.
For the Morning
- Sliced banana or other fruits.
- CBD – oil or powder
- The night before, blend the uncooked oats, milk of choice, cinnamon, and salt in a dish or Kilner jar. Cover and refrigerate. By morning the milk will have softened the oats.
- If you would like to heat the oats, they can be heated in the microwave before adding the toppings. Depending on your microwave, around 40-60 seconds is usually enough as the oats are already softened.
- Add a sliced banana or other chopped fruits.
- Drizzle your usual dose of CBD oil over the oats. If you are using dry powder CBD, blend it with the honey first, and stir well.
- Drizzle a spoon of honey over the oats.
CBD Oats and Sunshine Smoothie
Many people like to start their day with a healthy smoothie. We love this tropical fruity smoothie.
Preparation time 5 mins
Portion: 1 serving
- ½ cup of rolled organic oats.
- 1 ½ cups of coconut milk – unsweetened is healthier.
- 1tablespoon of lemon juice.
- ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract, a vanilla pod if you have one.
- A small pinch of salt, no more than 1/8 of a teaspoon.
- ¾ cup of sliced pineapple.
- 1 small sliced banana.
- A few ice cubes.
- CBD oil or powder.
- Put the oats in a blender and blend into a fine powder.
- Next, add 3 small or 2 large ice cubes, salt, vanilla, lemon, and coconut milk and blend until smooth. If using a vanilla pod, scrape the vanilla into the blender and leave the pod aside.
- Add your CBD oil or powder. Your usual dose is adequate and blend the mixture.
- Lastly, add the fruit and ensure the mixture is blended to a creamy smooth constancy.
- Pour into a tall glass.
- You can add a few wedges of pineapple as a nice garnish or dip into your drink.
CBD Oats and Cranberry Cookies
We all deserve a treat now and then. Oats and cranberries and are a match made in cookie heaven.
Portion: 16 Small or 10 large Cookies.
- 1 ½ cups of rolled oats.
- ½ cup of sugar.
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour.
- ½ cup of soft butter.
- 1 large egg.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice.
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda.
- ½ cup of dried cranberries.
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- CBD oil or powder. You will need to adjust your dose x 3 to keep CBD in each cookie for this recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F / 170 C.
- Soak the cranberries in the orange juice.
- Add the sugar, butter, and CBD to a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Next, combine the egg with the butter and sugar mix.
- Sieve the flour into the mix. Mix well until light and fluffy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the oats, cinnamon, and soaked cranberries.
- Fold the oats and soaked cranberries into the butter and flour, mix until cranberries are evenly distributed throughout.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and divide the mixture into 16 small rounds, making sure they have space between each to expand. Gently flatten each round.
- Put the tray in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave cookies to cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy your delicious fruity cookies. You can keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
CBD Oats: Good to know
Know your dose. If you are cooking a larger or smaller batch of cookies, you need to adjust the CBD dose accordingly. If it’s a single-serve drink or recipe, your usual dose is sufficient.
CBD oils are affected by high heat, so a good rule of thumb when you need to bake your CBD recipes in the oven is; low and slow. You don’t want your CBD to evaporate from too high a temperature.
CBD oil is easily blended with other oils, but did you know it can also be blended with honey. If you do blend your CBD with honey, ensure it’s kept in a cool dark place until used. CBD does not react well to prolonged exposure to strong light.
It is vital that you only buy CBD products from a reputable company. CBD production is currently unregulated, and therefore you might unknowingly consume a product with high THC levels. All our CBD products are organically farmed, and independently third-party batch tested. Every package comes with a unique QR-Code to tell you everything you need to know about your CBD product.
Have you tried CBD oat recipes? Comment below and tell us what your favorite is.