Cooking with CBD oil isn’t as simple as just adding it to recipes. Some rules should be followed to enjoy popular cannabidiol and obtain all the benefits. We’ll run through the best foods to start with and a few ideas for you to follow so that you’re not wasting your CBD oil.
RELATED: How a CBD Diet Can Benefit You
Cooking With CBD Oil: Rules, Ideas, and Tips
Incorporating CBD oil into foods and drinks provides another level of using cannabidiol and allows you another way to switch up your CBD intake, one that’s delicious and fun. But, to get the best effects from your CBD oil, take a look at these guidelines.
Cooking with Heat Can Make CBD Less Effective
Overheating CBD oil can ruin the tincture, and the effects could burn off as the critical cannabinoids and terpenes that elicit the effects are removed. Cooking lower than 320˚F, or not at all is best. Having said that, cooking with CBD oil is still new territory, so research is in the very early stages, and much is unknown. Some people use CBD in baked goods and find the potency is not diminished.
For the best results, when cooking with CBD oil, add it after the heating or cooking process to preserve the organic compounds. For example, you could add it to cake frosting and not the actual sponge mix.
Cooking with CBD Oil Can Be Wasteful
There are other cost-effective ways to add CBD to your diet, such as buying CBD infused olive oil that you can cook with. Always read the dosage on the bottle, so you know you’re getting the correct amount, usually 15-30 milligrams per serving for new CBD users.
Consume Your CBD with Other Fats
Cannabinoids, like CBD, are fat-soluble and therefore are absorbed well when eaten with other foods high in fat. That’s why oil infusions like avocado, coconut, and olive oil work well.
There are plenty of different CBD infused oils on the market, some with slight flavors and some with a neutral taste.
Consuming CBD in Foods Means the Effects Take Longer
Because you’re digesting the CBD, it first must pass through your gut and liver before it gets into your bloodstream. Therefore, you will feel the effects later than if you dropped CBD onto your tongue. There’s also the risk that it won’t be as potent.
Best Quick Dinner Ideas for Cooking with CBD Oil
- Add a few drops of CBD oil or tincture to a salad as a dressing or just on top.
- Try CBD infused oil in sauces, gravies, and dressings.
- Add a few drops of CBD to a smoothie. Add your favorite ingredients and mix them in a blender.
- Add your CBD oil to a drink.
- Try CBD in a dip, like hummus or guacamole.
- Use it in pesto and drizzle over salad, pasta, or bread.
- If you’re a fan of CBD brownies, add CBD to the sponge after it’s come out of the oven, so it seeps into the cake.
- Add some CBD to your after-dinner coffee or tea.
- If you want more potent effects, don’t add more oil to your recipes; instead, add a more potent dose of CBD oil.
- Try different flavored oils for different tastes. Some oils come in fruit flavors like mint, vanilla, and berry, which can work well in drinks and smoothies.
- Try to find products that have other natural ingredients such as natural flavorings and organic carrier oils.
There are so many options when cooking with CBD oil. It can be added to savory or sweet dishes, and the fun lies in experimenting with flavors and recipes. Enjoy creating new tastes.
It is vital that you only buy CBD products from a reputable company. CBD production is currently unregulated, and therefore you might unknowingly consume a product with high THC levels. All our CBD products are organically farmed, and independently third-party batch tested. Every package comes with a unique QR-Code to tell you everything you need to know about your CBD product.
Have you used CBD products yet? Have you tried cooking with CBD oil or using it in foods? What worked best? Comment below and tell us your story.